Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Map of Cape Cod

My sister recently had something pretty big to celebrate, so I wanted to make her a little something. She LOVES Cape Cod, and we've spent pretty much every summer there since forever, so I decided to honor one of her favorite places.

I created a silhouette map of the Cape all in black, and to really highlight the little details of the map, I framed it in a floating frame. A floating frame holds the picture between two pieces of glass and no other backing, so it's great for paper cuts. Unfortunately it's not so great for taking pictures of it. I just couldn't figure out how to not have my reflection show up in there, so sorry for the poor photo.

Oh, and congratulations Jessi for finishing your degree and becoming the one and only Dr. Beaver!



If you would like to order a commission, please contact me at papercutsbykatie@gmail.com or fill out the contact form on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment