Monday, September 23, 2013

Evan's Paper Cut - Updated

My little nephew turned one this past summer! For his birthday, I wanted to give him something that I made myself that he could have in his room as he grows up. I had a couple of things in my childhood bedroom that my aunt made me, and I wanted that for Evan. So I made him a big ole paper cut (8.5 x 11) that I had framed.

For the design, I decided to do a bunch of different scenes in one cut. They're all original, and this is the final product, after many different renditions.


UPDATE:
I wanted to share with ya'll what this paper cut looks like in its "natural habitat", aka on the wall in Evan's room. Thanks to my sister for sending the pic!


Oh and, as a side note, I made that circle mobile hanging from the ceiling for him too! He'll not forget who is favorite auntie is! If you're interested in that, here's what it looked like all put together, and here's the link for the tutorial.

1 comment: