Monday, September 30, 2013

A finished commission

Remember that post I wrote about my first commission? The second part of that commission was a big ole paper cut. My friend's parents are going to be celebrating their 50th anniversary soon, and she wanted me to make them something special. She wanted a card, but not one that you'd put in an envelope. She wanted something bigger, than she could both write a message on, but then frame for them to keep on a mantle.

My friend gave me some background on her parents to help me create a great and personalized paper cut. I decided to focus on locations - they met in France, and now live in Buffalo near Niagara Falls. I wanted to incorporate both those locations in the cut, and cue the most intricate paper cut I have done to date!


That Eiffel Tower was a lot more work than anticipated! Here's a shot from when I had finally finished it, and you can see some of the teeny tiny trimmings it produced.


And the final product, mounted on a color of my friend's choosing (gold, to represent their gold anniversary). Not bad!


Special thanks to my mom for helping me out with the drawings!

No comments:

Post a Comment