Thursday, May 29, 2014

A California Anniversary Paper Cut

Here's a commission I just recently sent off.
I was asked to make a paper cut as a gift for a couple that was married last year. In addition to their names and anniversary date, I was given a short list of things about the couple that I was asked to incorporate into the piece. Specifically, I was told they were married in Hawaii, currently live in San Francisco, love wine and have a golden retriever named Wrigley. As a fellow dog lover, Wrigley was of course going to be a big part of this one!
I decided to do the entire cut inside a map of their current home state - California. Here's how it turned out:


The client requested that I mount the paper cut and not frame it, but after finishing it I decided that it really would look best not mounted but just put into a floating frame. Fortunately she was easy to convince! Here it is in the floating frame, ready to hang on a wall of any color!


Sorry for the less-than-professional pictures. I really should learn how to take better product pictures!

If you would like to request a commission, click on the tab above or send an email to papercutsbykatie@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment